Re: terminal size problems

> Hi, when my cygwin terminals are sized to something other than 24 rows

I'm assuming you're talking about the command windows running bash.

> they don't work correctly with apps like vim/mutt/less when I connect to
> a remote unix system; these apps behave like they think the terminal
> has 24 rows.  It doesn't matter whether I use the bash shell or an
> xterm,

Huh?

> whether I set TERMINFO on the remote machine, whether I do
> terminal reset/resize, or whether the remote machine is Linux/SunOS.

Depending on the version of Windows you have, the command windows behave
differently.  Win9x command windows are completely retarded, and nothing
can be done to save them.  Win2k's cmd ones are slightly better, and if
your remote machine has the correct definition of the "cygwin"
termcap/terminfo entry, they should work.  FWIW, I'm not seeing any
problems running vi on a RedHat 9.0 machine via ssh from a Win2k cmd
window sized 120x40.

> I'm using the latest cygwin updates as of today.  I don't have this
> problem when I use a terminal emulator like SecureCRT.
>
> Thank you very much for any help,
> -Harold

In any case, you can use rxvt in Win32 mode under Cygwin as a workaround.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu