Re: wincvs and cygwin (tcl DLL naming issue)

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Reid Thompson wrote:

> my 2 cents, and what i believe is an easier and more appropriate
> solution ( think like you're on unix/linux) - for your cygwin
> bash/rxvt/etc terminals explicitely set the path in your .bashrc such
> that the cygwin binaries are found first -- and either do not add the
> cygwin binary paths to the windows path, or make sure that they are at
> the end.  i.e. when i open a cygwin terminal any call to a cygwin
> compiled application will find the cygwin binaries first, and vice versa
> for a windows terminal.

Indeed, and this is the default, right ? I didn't change
anything here:

cmd.exe:
Path=C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem

So, Windows applications shouldn't use any Cygwin files.

sh.exe:
/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/c/WINDOWS/system32:/c/WINDOWS:/c/WINDOWS/System32/Wbem

So, Cygwin applications don't use Windows DLLs if the Cygwin
ones have the same name.

But here I changed it to
export
PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:$HOME/bin in
profile.

I really can't see what such applications are doing. A full
scan on the hard drive ? Besides that it sounds like a PATH
problem.

I also agree tcl84.dll should be renamed, but that doesn't seem
to be the main problem.

--
How to contact me - http://www.pervalidus.net/contact.html