Re: wincvs and cygwin

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Shankar Unni wrote:

> Daniel Atallah wrote:
>
> > If the tcl dll included with cygwin conflicts with the
> > native win32 tcl (still a problem if you don't have
> > native tcl installed)
>
> Yes - I don't think this is a conflict per se, rather than simply
> finding and trying to load the cygwin tcl84.dll.
>
> Have there been any significant recent changes in what non-cygwin
> programs have to do to load and invoke cygwin-compiled DLLs?

Why dou you ask ? If a non Cygwin application stopped working
because it does the wrong thing to locate a DLL, I really doubt
a Cygwin developer will care. I guess it's like if I use the
Cygwin Perl instead of Active Perl. I'm on my own if something
breaks outside Cygwin.

> Just fishing for clues here that can be passed on to the
> WinCVS maintainers..

What about asking them to not scan any Cygwin mounts or ignore
the Cygwin DLLs ?

The site is pretty clear:

* WinCvs compiled for Windows 98, Windows NT/2000 (Optionally
you may want to install TCL8.1 or higher in order to get the
macros working, see the TCL home page).

The TCL link points to http://dev.scriptics.com/ , not Cygwin.

--
http://www.pervalidus.net/contact.html