Re: Re Re: Is there a translation from windows events to cygwin signals ?

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 12:44:32PM -0500, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>FWIW, Cygwin's kill() understands Win32 PIDs, so you can at least skip
>step 3.  I suggest looking at Cygwin's implementation of /bin/kill (in CVS
>as winsup/utils/kill.cc).

Sorry to contradict you again, Igor, but cygwin's kill understands win32
pids only insofar as the win32 pid corresponds to a cygwin pid.  You
can't use cygwin's kill() to kill a pure win32 process.  It only works
on cygwin processes.  In particular, if a process has been exec()ed its
cygwin pid will be that of the original process but its actual windows
pid will be different.

The kill.exe program has special logic for killing non-cygwin pids when
-f is specified.  This is not supported by the cygwin DLL, however.

cgf