Re: Plausibility of sendmail?

>> If someone is crazy enough to want a production mailserver with Cygwin,
>> let them run Exim.

Point well taken. Having limited experience with mail servers in general, I
will certainly keep your advice filed away in the ole noodle for future
reference. Of course a lot of reasons that *crap* persists is because
there's a lot of folks who are familiar with and experienced with such
*crap*. For someone under the gun to come up with a quick fix, inevitably
they will attempt to implement the familiar. If sendmail REALLY deserves to
die, then keeping it out of the Cygwin distribution is something I would
understand, and probably support (as long as there are advertised
alternatives of course!)

Brian Kelly

"Brian Dessent" <brian@dessent.net>@cygwin.com on 02/02/2004 09:33:56 AM

Please respond to cygwin@cygwin.com