Startup error in new xemacs distribution within cygwin distribution

I just installed all the new xemacs packages within the cygwin
distribution.  I also updated my cygwin to DLL 1.5.7-1 release.

When I try to start xemacs I get the following

> xemacs

WARNING:
Couldn't find an obvious default for the root of the XEmacs hierarchy.

Then xemacs hangs for a minute or so and then the bash prompt returns.

I then realized that xemacs wanted an xserver, when I started one up,
it started, with the same warning.  The documentation on this mailing
list indicated that xemacs wouldn't need or use X if the server wasn't
running.   Seems as though packages can be found if running under X.

Larrabee

--
L. Larrabee Strow                            E-mail: strow@umbc.edu
Department of Physics                        FAX   : (410) 455-1072