cvs problems

Hi,
I'm a new user to cygwin and recently installed 1.5.6.1 on windows xp. I
installed the cvs module (cvs 1.11.6), and added these to .bash_profile:
export CVSROOT=:ext:clare@hostname:/src/ois-projects/cvsroot
export CVS_RSH=ssh

When I try
$ cvs get -d dev ted

I get a segmentation fault - I've attached a sample of the output - I also
got a cvs.exe.stackdump that I can forward if necessary.

$ cvs
runs correctly.

I've tried uninstalling the cvs module and reinstalling from different
mirror sites but that didn't help. Thanks for any help.
Clare.