Rsync, Cygwin and ACL support

My life would be much easier if I could use Rsync on Cygwin, to go from
windows to linux, and preserve POSIX acls along the way.  Rsync does not
support this, without a patch.  This patch works fine in linux, and applies
correctly in Cygwin, but I am unable to get Cygwin past the ./configure
stage.

I have applied the patch to the rsync source, and run ./configure
--with-acl-support=yes.
There is a failure during configure that is killing acl support  --->

Checking whether to support ACLS... checking for acl_get_file in -lacl...
no
checking for ACL support... no

I suppose my question for the list is, is the POSIX acl support in Cygwin
complete enough that this should work, or am I wasting my time?  If anyone
knows a way around this, I would be most appreciative.

Alex Laslavic
Havertys Tech Services