Re: Postgres 7.3.4 errors

a quick search in the mail archives will give you the answer.

Judd wrote:

I'm trying to start postgres.  I built a data directory:  e.g. mkdir
/usr/local/pgsql/data
I just want to get the database initialized and the postmaster going.  I run
the command:
initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data

here's what I get from the command:
-------------------------------
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user
"Administrator
".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.

Fixing permissions on existing directory /usr/local/pgsql/data... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/base... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/global... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_xlog... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_clog... ok
creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1...
IpcSemaphoreCreat
e: semget(key=1, num=17, 03600) failed: Function not implemented

initdb failed.

Does anybody know how to fix or get past this?  Do I just need to rebuild it
or something?

Thank You
Judd