Re: xmlto errors

At 01:20 PM 1/23/2004, Elvin Peterson you wrote:

<snip>

>Test command:
>
>$ xmlto -o xml html-nochunks xmlto.xml
>
>The file xmlto.xml is the one distributed with xmlto
>(uses docbook 4.2).

OK, from what you've provided, I don't see anything wrong with the
installation and I cannot reproduce your problems (though I'm a
complete newbie with xmlto so I can't claim that means anything).
Looking at the script, it appears to me that there is some
possibility that spaces in $PWD has the potential to foul up the
second usage of basename, accounting for the first complaint you
mentioned. Perhaps you want to add 'set -x' to the start of the
of 'xmlto' and see what it tells you.

I'm sure someone else more familiar with xmlto can help out
better than I, if you don't find your own answer first.

Holliston, MA 01746