Re: problem with mkgroup -d DOMAIN

Dear Corinna,

although I won't get the group information, it must
be possible to create one manually. What is the
typical syntax of the group info returned by
mkgroup -d DOMAIN?

I could try adding that stuff since I cannot persuade
our domain controller to answer correctly.
Setting up a new Samba seems to be a non trivial
task, was the information I got from the administrator
of our server.

Stefan

I heard about that problem once already and it seems to happen only
with Samba domain controllers. The LookupAccountName system call
gets no information but an error message. 1332 means
No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.

So the Samba server returns a list of group names but a LookupAccountName
to get the SID fails.

The mkgroup name means, mkgroup wasn't able to create the list of
groups appropriately.