Re: cygwin-1.5.6-1 Vim now broken

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 03:47:39AM -0200, Fr?d?ric L. W. Meunier wrote:
>On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>And, no, screen becoming screwed up in an rxvt session is not a show
>>stopper.
>
>Yes, but it's something that will make all screen users not upgrade to
>1.5.6 or downgrade to 1.5.5 when they see how broken it's.  Broken
>dettach / reattach is nothing compared with such a problem.
>
>BTW, it's broken in everything (rxvt, XTerm, and cmd.exe).
>
>I guess it'd be a show stopper if screen were part of Cygwin.  Still, I
>think it's more important than Vim, as there are a dozen editors but no
>screen alternatives.

That's truly amazing logic.

1) Vim is probably the most popular editor in cygwin.

2) It's a SEGV from cygwin.  It would be folly to ignore those.

3) As you note, screen doesn't even ship with cygwin.

>Anyway, I did what I could, reporting it before 1.5.6 -
>http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-12/msg00557.html .  I'm not
>complaining.  I also reported it to the screen mailing-list today as
>there are a few Cygwin users and one may be able to help you with it.

"Help me with it".  Yeah.  That's one way to look at it.

Why don't you help *us* with it by debugging the problem?  I don't
really care about screen but if it's important to you then some
hours with gdb might be in order.  That's what I do with problems
that I care about.

cgf