Re: SFU installed -> rxvt problems

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 09:33:51AM -0800, David A. Case wrote:

> >> I hope this isn't the start of a lot of posts about SFU.  I really don't
> >> want to get too bogged down in incompatibilities between cygwin and
> >> an essentially competing project.
> >
> >A few such posts are actually helpful, to warn people (like me) who
> >might have been tempted to install SFU.  Based on posts like Gerrit's,
> >I will probably wait a while, since rxvt is far more important to me
> >than is nfs.  Knowing that others find problems is useful information,
> >even if no fixes are forthcoming.
>
> The fact that this is useful is really irrelevant.  There are all sorts
> of useful off-topic tidbits that could be posted to the cygwin mailing
> list.  The issue, as always, is remaining on-topic and making sure that
> this list adheres to its core focus.  This isn't a mailing list devoted
> to various unix packages for windows.  It is a mailing list for the
> cygwin unix application for windows.
>
> I have no problem with some minor chatter, along the lines of general
> discussions about shell programming that crop up from time to time.  I
> just don't want it to get out of hand.

Well, if you read this thread as "SFU makes Cygwin sick.  Bad SFU!
Uninstall it.", it seems rather on-topic for the Cygwin community... :-)
But then, I guess if you install two or more competing products together,
you're generally on your own anyway.

Ok, no more noise from me[*]...
	Igor
[*] ...in this thread ;-)