Fwd: Re(2): playing ogg files in cygwin

Ralf Habacker <ralf.habacker@freenet.de> writes:
>I've got the sources from the linuxtag 2003 dvd and compiled it by
>myself. You
>can find sources and binary package on http://kde-cygwin.sf.net/snapshots

Thank you so much for your generous attention. To me nice people willling
to help others its one of the nicest things about the freeware culture
(saving a lot of money by not having to buy software ain't too shabby
either!).

I didn't realize that you were talking about the kde-cygwin package. I had
actually loaded the kde desktop environment from that site earlier.
However, the kde desktop runs much too slowly on my machine to be of much
use to me. The Gnome-cygwin package is also much to slow for my machine,
so I've ended up just running twm as my window manager.

I downloaded and unpacked the binary tar.bz2 files that you pointed to in
your last email. However, when I type:

> ogg123 -d oss test.ogg

I still get the message,

"=== No such device oss"

You must have some kind of oss support on your machine that I don't have.

I don't have time right now to try to recompile from source. When I get
done with semester grades, I'll look at it again.