RE: CVS b0rked?

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Dave Korn wrote:
> Brian Ford wrote:
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Brian Ford [mailto:spamspamspam@eggchipsandspam]
> > Sent: 15 January 2004 17:50
> > To: Dave Korn
> > Cc: cygwin[snip]
> > Subject: RE: CVS b0rked?

I think we would all prefer that even the cygwin list address be trivially
concealed.

> > Please don't include plain text email addresses in the body
> > of messages.
> > They are food for spam harvesters.  I imagine this was just
> > an oversight as I think I have seen you remove them before?
> >
>   Oops, yes indeed.  Sorry.  It happened because I replied to the copy you
> sent me directly instead of to the copy which came via the listserv with the
> redacted headers.  So I quoted an addy, but then again you've been Cc'ing
> posters as well as sending to the list.  Chalk us up one minor breach of
> list etiquette each!

Have you seen this?

I must admit that with that option available, I'm too lazy to check or
remember who is on the list and who is not.  I just take the default reply
my mailer (pine) presents to me.  I think that is as much as anyone can
reasonably ask.

> > You could try to debug it :).
>
>   Ya never know, I might just do that.  Is it worth rebuilding with
> --enable-debugging at configure time ?  I dunno how much worthwhile that
> will actually give me....

IIRC, --enable-debugging just adds more verbose logging (primarily
strace) and enables CYGWIN_DEBUG functionality.  So, it is probably not
worth it.  Just debug with the version you've got.

--
Brian Ford
Senior Realtime Software Engineer