Re: package maintainer

I saw in the cygwin archives that you wanted to maintain (among other
things) libao libogg libvorbis vorbis-tools for cygwin.

I'd love to, but i'm still to stupid to create shared libraries with cygwin.

I assume that means that you've gotten these packages up and running on
the cygwin environment. If so, do you have your work posted on an ftp site?

well, i compiled them, and they work great with mplayer - although they are statically compiled into mplayer because i wasn't abled to create shared libs yet. Gerrit Haase already gave me some hints, but i'm no C programmer and i don't know much about autoconf and automake - at least not enough to create shared libs.

I've gotten these packages to compile and run myself, but I cannot get
ogg123 to find the output device to play the ogg files.

Specifically, ogg123 complains that "No such device oss."

i think i didn't try ogg123 yet. i couldn't find any ogg123.exe to test it. i think configure decided not to build it.
i also think, that cygwin doesn't have any OSS emulation, does it?