Re: cron + network share(w/ full access?)

Oh?  This works for you?  I can't seem to get this to
work... it seems
SYSTEM doesn't have the right access to network shares
via UNC paths.
(That was the whole reason for the lengthy discussion
that I linked to
in my message below:

http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-04/msg01001.html)

Anyways, I've given up and used Windows' own Task
Scheduler for jobs
which need network access.

Alan

Andrew DeFaria wrote:
> > Alan London wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Thanks for the message but cron_diagnose.sh
doesn't seem to give
> > me insight on what I'm trying to do.
> >
> > I was trying to perform a hack discussed in this
thread:

> > I am attempting to have the cron service run as
another user so
> > that it can access network shares.
>

> The best way to have cron access network shares is
to leave cron
> running as SYSTEM, make the share a public share and
access it view