Re: DLL vs. shared object linking behavior

Karl Robillard wrote:

I have a shared library which has undefined references to functions. On Linux I can build and use the library without problems, but when I build it as a DLL using Cygwin the undefined references are link errors. Can the Windows loader handle unresolved symbols in DLLs at runtime? Is there some magic compiler option I can use to allow this?

Well I've been struggling with same things.

Problem is that windows doesn't allow direct undefined references in DLL's. So you have to do some magic.

Look reply chain titled "DLL and external symbols", there is some information that got me through.

Jani Tiainen