[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: gcc 3.3.3-1, gcc-mingw-20030911-2 missing java headers

Jim Kleckner jek-cygwin@kleckner.net
Sun Oct 5 05:10:00 GMT 2003

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 07:07:54PM -0700, Jim Kleckner wrote:
>
>>Is it possible the java code simply wasn't configured to build?
>>All of the java headers are missing.
>>
>>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>

>>>I've moved all of the latest gcc stuff out of "test" and into "current".
>>>This is the standard gcc 3.3.1 release from gcc.gnu.org + patches from
>>>Danny Smith and (to a vastly lesser extent) me.  If you are interested
>>>in checking these sources out of gcc's cvs repository, the branch tag is
>>>cygming331.  But, please, no questions about where to go or how to do
>>>that on the cygwin list.  Go to gcc.gnu.org for that kind of info.
>>>
>>[snip]
>>

>>>There were vague reports of gcj being broken during the gcc test period
>>>but I never saw a true bug report for this.  Since I'm not a java user,
>>>I can only provide this as-is.
>>>

>>Here are the things I looked at:
>>

> So, you checked everything but the release announcement which said:
>
> "There were vague reports of gcj being broken during the gcc test period
> but I never saw a true bug report for this.  Since I'm not a java user,
> I can only provide this as-is."

I see.  You only appeared to invite investigation.
This gcc announcement page that I referenced in my first email
said nothing about gcj or java problems.
  http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-3.3/changes.html
I did substantial searching, downloading and recompiling.
But all you can do is to write it off with a flip comment.

These kinds of responses are very discouraging to people

who want to help.