wget, continued download

Hi,

I'm trying to get a section of a web page using wget. I edit a previous page
source just leaving an initial section. Then, I execute

  wget -c url

I obtain

  Continued download failed on this file, which conflicts with `-c'.
  Refusing to truncate existing file 'name.ext'. (Name of file I've edited).

The program obtains the page size before crash, bigger than modified file,
so why does it try to truncate the file?

I've tried to apply -N option, no change. Also I've used -O option; the file
is whole downloaded, I just want the last section.

Do you know a command-line application witch uses HTTP Range request in that
way?

By the way, if I want to stop download after the application receives an
specific word from server, how can I do it? I expected it is posible using a
pipe that analize wget output, but how? Note Cygwin pipes (DOS) features.

Thanks to everybody.