Re: DLL and external symbols

Jani Tiainen wrote:

Larry Hall wrote:

At 04:35 PM 12/30/2003, Jani Tiainen you wrote:

Hi,

I'm sure that this has been answered several times, but I'll ask again because couldn't find any solution by myself.

I would like to build DLL (or any other sort of library) that refers to external symbols in main application.

Now how I can get this working, or is it possible at all?

It's possible but you have to move "funcInMain()" into the DLL with "funcInMyLib()" or into another DLL. That's the straight-forward answer.

Yes, that one I knew already. Problem isn't actually function, in my real case it's more like having some globals that libraries should be able to read.

There exists one, non-libtool solution to similiar problem:

http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/libtool/2002-10/msg00145.html

Now, how to libtoolize this solution?