Updating timestamps of files on a remote computer fails

Hi

Can anybody help me with the following problem:
updating timestamps of files on a remote computer fails using tar, touch,
cp, mv

The commands "tar", "touch" , "cp -p", "mv" report errors when timestamps
have to be updated on a remote computer in a local network.

example (host=computer-3)

cd //computer-1/hd_e_pc1
touch xxx

touch: setting times of `xxx': Function not implemented

example:

cd /cygdrive/e (local directory)
tar cf - xxx | (cd //computer-1/hd_i_pc1;tar xf -)

tar: xxx: Cannot utime: Function not implemented

example:

cp -p xxx //computer-1/hd_e_pc1
cp: preserving times for `//computer-1/hd_e_pc1/xxx': Function not
implemented

example:

mv /tmp/timestamp.3640
/cygdrive/x/logfiles_COMPUTER-3/timestamp_Hoofdbestanden.txt
mv: preserving times for
`/cygdrive/x/logfiles_COMPUTER-3/timestamp_Hoofdbestanden.txt':
Function not implemented
(x: is mounted on //computer-1/hd_i_pc1)

Additional notes:

Computer-3: WindowsXP-SP1
Computer-1: Windows98

The same commands on computer-1 (win98) are OK.
When rebooting computer-3 to windows98-SE (multiboot system) the commands
are also OK.
The problem has not always been there, but I couldn't trace which change has
caused this bug.
The only change item is a replace of the NVidea display driver by an ASUS
display driver.
The NVidea driver caused lots of blue screens. Could a "dll" file be
damaged?
WindowsXP has no problems with timestamps.
After the first time that the problems occured, I installed the most recent
version of Cygwin
(only the default files), but the problem is still there.

Ad Razenberg