RE: Third-party products that include Cygwin

> >  An
> > alternative is a nice automated way in their installer to invoke the
> > Cygwin installer.
>
>  Heh... that would IMO require setup.exe to be able to do
> batch runs. Not
> possible, unless changes has been done very recently.

Huh?  We've been doing things that way with our software
installer for a good 6-9 months now, using a version of
setup.exe built from a CVS snapshot.  If the user needs
Cygwin installed prior to installing our sofware, we
kick off setup.exe and let it do it's thing.

We do this so the end user at least has a fighting chance
of getting questions answered if they post to the mailing
list :-)

We're not up to installing 1.5.x yet, though.  We'll have
to wait and see, but I suspect that the sheer number of
packages has finally pushed it to the point where we'll
need to go with one CD for Cygwin binaries, one CD for
source.

-Samrobb