Re: How to execute bash file under /usr/bin despite setting PATH="/us r/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:$PATH"

"Nguyen, Huu-Dung" wrote:

> I encounter the problem while installing a tool running on Cygwin, that
> comes from MicroCross (www.microcross.com) XTools
> The tool installs all important things and the bash setup file to /usr/bin.

Right.  They are the ones creating a physical c:\cygwin\usr\bin directory
because their installation mechanism is to Win(un)zip all the files.
Their installation instructions also tell you to uninstall Cygwin and remove
all the cygwin files and directories, and to remove all the registry entries
for Cygwin Solutions, (which happen to include the mount points).
Looks like their version of Cygwin is ancient, either 1.2 or 1.3.22.

--
J. Lambert