Re: a couple of problems/items with managed mounts

On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 05:59:45PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 10:36:49AM -0800, Lester Ingber wrote:
>>I don't understand when and why ".lnk" is attached as a suffix when I
>>create soft links.
>
>Cygwin has a random "mean" mode.  It is very effective in producing
>unpredictable results with the .lnk extension.

I'm generating a snapshot now which fixes this problem, which can be
summarized as "A .lnk extension shows up in some cases for symbolic
links in directory listings if the filename contains characters which
cygwin considers to be 'special', like upper case characters, colons, etc."

Check the cygwin.com web page and click on the "Snapshots" link on the
left sidebar to find out about snapshots.  Don't bother downloading a
snapshot unless it displays today's date or newer.
--
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.
Special for spam email harvesters: send email to aaaspam@sourceware.org