Strategy for Finding Cygwin/Unix info

Hi Ya

I recently went thru a few hoops to get cron working

First of all I did a crontab -e and expected it  to work. Then I read
the Man pages no help. I then used this NG (thanx everybody).

What foxed me was not realising that there was CYGwin specific info.

So could a few experts explain their strategy for finding the right
info.

Additionally; a last question say I'm looking for a Unix tool to do a
particular job, but don't know if it exists or what it might be called
where do I start???

== JUST SOLVED ONE PROBLEM ===
just found out that you can use

> info Cygwin  (no Man equivalent)

zzapper
--

vim -c ":%s/^/WhfgTNabgureRIvzSUnpxre/|:%s/[R-T]/ /Ig|:normal ggVGg?"

http://www.vim.org/tips/tip.php?tip_id=305  Best of Vim Tips