1;
-----><8-----

# test.pl
package MyModule;
use Module;
use base 'Module';
use Cwd;

If you moved that above the use Module line then when Module.pm was compiled it would know Cwd::cwd was a function.

Tried that too. Removing it does work though, but that's not a solution; it's not reasonable to tell clients that subclass your library not to 'use Cwd'.

I'm having a hard time grasping the order in which perl is interpreting this. What is desired is that $p->cwd() call Module::cwd() which should then forward the call to Cwd::cwd(). But no matter how I rearrange things I can't coax the behavior I want.

I'm missing something simple here; I know it...

package main;
MyModule->new;