RE: running cygwin on multiple operating systems

 <snip>

 Speaking of Linux, did you know that Cygwin runs under WINE? :-D

 - and then you can run a KDE desktop under Cygwin.

 <snip>

Okay on the face of it exercises like the above, which I'm sure we all indulge in from time to time, might seem a little pointless. Of course, they're not really

--
Some people are like Slinkies . . not really good for anything, but you
still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.