Re: Cwd::cwd() bug??? on Cygwin

On 11/15/2003 10:56 AM, Randy W. Sims wrote:
Ok, this might in fact be a Cygwin problem. Cygwin & Cwd. The following produces the error "Usage: Cwd::cwd() at Module.pm line 6." under Cygwin

Ok, I finally had a chance to look into this one. Finding the problem was easy, but I don't know the proper solution. The problem seems to be that Module::Build call cwd() with the object syntax which passes self as an argument. In the perl sources (cygwin/cygwin.c), the builtin cwd does this check:

  if(items != 0)
    Perl_croak(aTHX_ "Usage: Cwd::cwd()");

and fails on Cygwin because apparently Cygwin is the only OS that performs this check. What is the proper way to fix this? Is there a way Module::Build could work around this problem?

Randy.

-----><8-----
# Module.pm
package Module;