Re: Trouble in Compiling OpenGL-1.1.0-6 with Cygwin!

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Alex MANTION wrote:

> I am experiencing a trouble while I am trying to
> compile OpenGl-1.1.0-6 from its sources available on
> cygwin web site. I need this one to make Ghemical 1.5
> working (for its glut component part [glutinit and so
> on]).

The binary opengl package contains glut.  You should not need to compile
it yourself unless you need to change the glut source code.

Please install the current binary opengl package (version 1.1.0-7) and
read /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/opengl-1.1.0-7.README for usage information.

> When I do as indicating in the README.linux of this
> package nothing happens (error message as usual ).

Don't do that.  Cygwin is not Linux, although it has many similar
features.

IIRC, Cygwin's glut is compiled using MSVC++.

> Has anybody an idea to solve this trouble ? May I find
> this glut extension somewhere else ?

In the binary opengl package, yes.

--
Brian Ford