MySQL in rxvt terminal

Hello,

is it possible to use the standard MySQL client in a rxvt terminal window?

While all is working fine in a cmd.exe-window (e.g. started with bash.bat), I got no prompt in the rxvt window. It seems, that no regular input reaches the MySQL client, but it is possible to cancel the operation, when I press Ctrl-C.

I would appreciate any help in this direction, to get rid of the ugly cmd.exe-Window.

Regards

Ralf