Maildir Support broken with Mutt 1.4.1?

After upgrading to Mutt 1.4.1 I was no longer able to access my emails
properly.

As soon as a new mail arrived in the main folder (inbox), I could not even
close mutt properly. It always gives me the error "rename file or folder
does not exist (error=2)" in the status bar.
It seems to me that Mutt tries to move the message from the "new" to the
"cur" subfolder or so and fails with this operation.

Downgrading to Mutt 1.4 solved the problem for me.

I use Mutt together with procmail in Maildir mode. A search for previous
postings showed, that there were already similar problems with an older
version. The problem was that the filenames of the emails may contain
characters like ":" that are allowed on POSIX systems, but not on Windows.

Is it possible that a cygwin specific patch has not been applied to the
most recent 1.4.1 version?

Christian