Re: Take 2: Testers for new ssh-*-config scripts wanted!

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 06:51:04PM +0100, Philippe Torche wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1. Line 488 (you will hate me !?) : read _cygwin --->>> read -e _cygwin

Uh, yes, I missed that one.

> 2. If password complexity is enabled (yes per default) use a more complex
> password : length of 7 min (max 14 to avoid some warning about W2K), lower
> case and upper case letters.

I'm running a 2003 Server as standalone (non-domain) server.  In that
setting, password complexity is disabled by default, so I missed that one,
too.  Thanks for the heads up.  I changed the password to SSHD_server,
which seem to be fine for the complexity rule.

However, I have still a problem.  Does anybody know how I can set
"Password never expires" from the command line?  I know how to do this
with dsadd, but that only works on domain machines so it's no generic
solution.  If I can't do this in the script, everybody would have to
set this in the Computer Management Console by hand :-(

I've attached a new ssh-host-config with the above two changes plus:
- Also deny remote interactive (aka terminal server) logon for the
  sshd_server account.

> Good work, Philippe.

Thanks,
Corinna