Re: Segmentation Fault of ssh3.7.1 with cygwin1.5.5-1 in W95.

Rodrigo Medina <rmedina@ivic.ve> wrote in
200310281901.h9SJ1GAb015767@pion.ivic.ve:">news:200310281901.h9SJ1GAb015767@pion.ivic.ve:

> I have been using cygwin 1.3.22 in a W95 machine with no problems.
> I am now installing cygwin 1.5.5 in another W95 machine. I get the
> following crash:
>
> bash-2.05b$ ssh -l rmedina pion
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> bash-2.05b$
>
> Rodrigo Medina

My further tests showed up that my ssh crash had a different cause:

I´ve two users, root and ssh. ssh is the owner for the sshd that I run.

When I call "ssh localhost" from each of the two users, it works fine.
But when I do a su to switch to the other user, the ssh call crashes.
When I use login to change to the other user, everythings works fine.

So this seems to be a "su" issue. I read somewhere that su is no longer
supported. Is this still true?

Hope this may help for further development!

Christian