Re: cygwin deadlocks due to lack of money

Hi All...

What a relief...I thought that Cygwin had the PBS virus (doesn't do any harm, but periodically asks for money).

...Karl

From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com>
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: cygwin deadlocks due to lack of money
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 10:15:17 -0500

On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 07:37:22AM -0500, Brian Kelly wrote:
>> You can donate money.
>
>Fair enough.

I was not asking for money.  I was responding to your prosaic
description of an unrelated problem to show that it was a completely
different problem domain.  Perseverence in getting someone to donate
money or books could yield success.  Perseverence in reporting that you
have a problem while providing no details for tracking the problem down
and adamantly maintaining that you will not be able to debug the problem
yourself is not useful.

I'm not even going to put an "IMO" in there because it should be pretty
obvious to anyone that lives in the world that repeatedly complaining
about intractable problems rarely yields positive results.

cgf