Re: SSH into XP: mapped network drives disappeared!

At 03:02 AM 10/23/2003, Alexis Huxley you wrote:
>> Ah, common problem.  You've queried the wrong list.  See
>> <mailto:ssh-l@erdelynet.com>.
>
>Okay thanks, I'm in the process of trying to subscribe to it now.

>>> My understanding is that network mapped drives will be marked Unavailable
>>> IFF you did a "passwordless" login (however you managed to accomplish a
>>> "passwordless" login). However I just tried an ssh passwordfull login and
>>> mapped drives are listed as Unavailable! Guess my understanding of this is
>>> screwed up!
>
>Exactly what I experience too; my PC account has a password (stored somewhere
>centrally), SSH requests authentication using this password (i.e. no
>.rhosts/.shosts/publickey). But still the drives are not available.

As reported by 'net use'.  That doesn't appear to be very significant
from what I found.

>> Not necessarily.  Did you try to access the mapped drives?  They're still
>> accessible, even though they're not "available".  I'm not sure why Windows
>
>Err ... how do you mean? What Cygwin commmands are you running that show
>they're still accessible? I mean I try cd'ing, or ls'ing and all report
>no such directory.

Right.  For you.  As I said, this works like I would expect when installing
and configuring as the Cygwin site says so I can only conclude that the
problem is your configuration.  That's why I directed you to the
erdelynet.com list, since that's where you got the information to configure
your installation.

Holliston, MA 01746