OpenGL and Cygwin

Hi,
  I apologize in advance if this duplicates questions already asked and
answered: I have searched the cygwin/cygwin-apps mailing lists already,
and there appears to be no clear answer, and most of the FAQs are a bit
outdated.

I have an opengl program that I wish to compile under the cygwin
environment, but using NO mesa drivers, only the native windows drivers.
This program uses GLU and GLUT, as well as opengl and nvidia extensions.

Now I have downloaded the nvidia extensions headers, and am able to create
object files correctly, after some experimenting (it appears that I need
to use the -mno-cygwin flag to enable the _WIN32 macros).

However, I have severe problems when linking using g++ *.o -lglu32
-lglut32 -lopengl32 (as per the /usr/doc/opengl*/README file). Most of the
stubs cannot be found. A sampling of the errors I get:

....undefined reference to `_glTexParameterf@12`
....undefined reference to`_glPixelStorei@8`

A sign that I am probably missing some more basic libs is that I even get
undefined references to __assert, as well as something mysterious called
__imp__iob, which again looks like somethng unrelated to the opengl code I
am compiling.

I'd appreciate any help....

Suresh Venkatasubramanian, Ph: 973 360 8951 (o)
Member, Technical Staff    Web: http://www.research.att.com/~suresh/
AT&T Shannon Labs

Amateurs built the Ark; professionals built the Titanic - heard on Car Talk