Re: setreuid

Hello, Corinna.

On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 15:50:59, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > This works if I grant "Erstellen eines Tokenobjekts" to ZAISAN\ibr. What
> > is going on?
> That's correct.  Did you read http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html?

The problem is not to read, the problem is to understand :) . I had
thought that the first three privileges were enough to change user with
setreuid alone without a password.

> Btw., if you're planning to use that account as logon account, don't
> give these rights to that account.  That's very dangerous.

Because of possible privilege escalation, or are there any other
implications?

> Start a
> service under system account as inetd and let it handle the user context
> switch.

Thanks for the tip, I'll do so.

With kind regards,
Baurjan.