Re: cygpath hangings

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> Does "cygcheck yourprog.exe" show both test_dll.dll and SHLWAPI.DLL?

ford@fordpc ~
$ cygcheck cyghan.exe
Found: .\cyghan.exe
cyghan.exe
  G:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll
    D:\WINNT\System32\KERNEL32.dll
      D:\WINNT\System32\ntdll.dll
  .\cygl.dll
    D:\WINNT\System32\SHELL32.DLL
      D:\WINNT\System32\GDI32.dll
        D:\WINNT\System32\USER32.dll
          D:\WINNT\System32\ADVAPI32.dll
            D:\WINNT\System32\RPCRT4.dll
      D:\WINNT\System32\SHLWAPI.dll
        D:\WINNT\System32\msvcrt.dll
      D:\WINNT\System32\COMCTL32.dll

test_dll.dll is actually .\cygl.dll

>Brian Ford wrote:
> > There will be no ouput unless main calls foo, right?
>
> Actually, if the DLL was loaded, there should be output even if foo isn't
> called...

Just linking to it causes a load, or is it the first referance?  I'm a DLL
dunce.

> > Then, I still get a hang under setup from explorer; no output.
>
> This could be because the DLL was not loaded, or because of the two stdio
> conflicts...  Did you compile the DLL with -mno-cygwin?

No.  I guess you wanted me too? :)

> > Stand alone in a shell, output is:
> >
> > DLL loaded: process attach
> > DLL loaded: thread attach
> > Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> >
> > The SEGV is expected given the code is invalid anyway.
> >
> > Nothing to see here... move along...
> > [snip test_dll.c]
>
> Hmm.  Maybe if the DLL has exported global variables, not just functions?
> I'll see if I can come up with the appropriate code and will then post it
> to the list.

Not following, but ok.

--
Brian Ford