cron and hibernate

I have two problems with cron:

1. Where can I get cron.README? I found several places where this file is
   referred to. But I can't find it in my installation of cygwin. Running
   setup.exe shows that I have all files in Admin and Doc installed on my
   PC. I thought this file may be important for me to use cron properly.

2. Currently I just go to /usr/sbin/ and run cron directly. It works until
   after the PC is restored from the hibernate state. Both Windows task
   manager and bash+ps show that cron is a running process. But it just
   does not respond to the job in crontab. Does anybody have experience of
   this problem to share?

I am using cron/crontab with a WinXP pro on a Laptop. I checked cygwin list,
Cygwin documents and web and couldn't find answer to these problems.

Thanks.
Paul.