Re: cygpath hangings

Chris,

I suspect that this hang might be happening while loading the DLL. Could
you try to link your program with something like below and see if it still
hangs, and what it outputs? If it doesn't hang, try renaming
SHGetPathFromIDList below to something else (e.g., foo) that calls the
real SHGetPathFromIDList, call foo() from your fee() above, and link your
program against both test_dll.dll and SHLWAPI.DLL.
Igor
P.S. Please don't start new threads as replies to unrelated messages -- it
confuses threaded readers.

Can I just ask (and I could be about to deeply embarass myself I think). How do I link against particular .dlls? up until now I've just been writing " gcc file.c -o file"