Re: merging mingw and cygwin

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, Edward Peschko wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 10:19:08PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> > [snip]
> > Do not send me personal email about cygwin again.
> [snip]
> You hold the keys to some sort of power, the power to enter the
> developer's list, the power to patch cygwin effectively.  For you to
> issue a blanket statement that I am not to communicate to you about
> cygwin and hence never to enter that list is a disabuse of power.
> [snip]

Ed,

You don't get on the list by sending personal e-mail to the list
maintainer -- you annoy the $#!% out of them that way.  There are
mechanisms for subscribing to various lists, all of which are outlined on
<http://cygwin.com/lists.html>.  Nowhere does it say that personal e-mail
is one of them.

In other words, if you never ever send personal e-mail to CGF, you can
still try to subscribe, and your subscription request will be considered
on the basis of what you intend (and what you're able) to contribute
(mostly).  If your subscription is approved, you might try lurking on the
list for a bit, just to get the feel of the kinds of discussions that
happen there.

BTW, you don't need to be on the cygwin-developers list to patch Cygwin;
one of the very useful recent patches was sent by someone who is not
subscribed to cygwin-developers (or, at any rate, has never posted there).
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu