Re: Error: procedure entry point _getreent could not be located...

Brian Ford wrote:

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, Ravi Malghan wrote:

Hi: I recently added lynx to existing cygwin installation. When installing Lynx, I noticed it installed a new version of perl. Now when I try to run perl, I get the error: "procedure entry point _getreent could not be located in the dynamic link library cygwin1.dll"

What do I have to do to resolve this. Thanks in advance.
Ravi

You might try including cygcheck output as directed in http://cygwin.com/problems.html.

My WAG, perl needs Cygwin 1.5.5 and you have 1.3.22 or older. Did you update the Cygwin DLL too?

I do remember somethign about that entrypoint and 1.5.5. However, if installing lynx required the new perl and the perl was dependent on cygwin1.dll 1.5.5 then shouldn't setup have handled such a dependency chain? (Just curious...)
--
When something is "new and improved!". Which is it? If it's new, then there has never been anything before it. If it's an improvement, then there must have been something before it.