Re: Can't build cygwin from CVS: configure error

On Sat, Oct 11, 2003 at 11:38:36PM +0200, Hannu E K Nevalainen wrote:
> [...]

Would you GIVE IT A REST for crying out loud?

The instructions work.  You found a bug in CVS.  It took longer to fix
than it should have because you spent all of your time whining about
how bad the instructions were rather than using common sense, noticing
the *errors* that occurred when you checked things out of cvs, and
reporting the *errors*.

Additionally, there is no requirement to put the sources in a specially
named directory.  You can put them in /src.  You can put them in /bob.

You can build in a subdirectory of /src.  You can build in a separate
directory entirely.

> A simple README and/or a Makefile could've helped a lot.

Yeah.  A README.  Or a Makefile.  Sigh.

>I'll be investigating gdb and the possibilities with this dll.

Please don't bother.  I'm asking again.  Please give it up.  Go rest.
No feedback required.  You're off the hook.  Pull out a cold one, kick
back the recliner and go watch "Dharma and Greg".  Let the experts
build and debug cygwin.
--
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.
Special for spam email harvesters: send email to aaaspam@sourceware.org