Re: mozilla displays wrong headers from uw-imap (12/31/1969, blanksubject)

anabavi@qsuonline.com wrote:

mozilla displays wrong headers from uw-imap (12/31/1969, blank subject)

I have tried all kinds of fixes:

- mounted mail directories in binary mode
- messed with tmail and dmail, different arguments, no arguments
- used procmail instead of fetchmail to send to tmail/dmail
- tried formatting the messages with procmail before sending them to tmail/dmail in case the bare LF is a problem
- looked at the mailbox to find any inconsitencies in the format

Here is, not a solution, but more data.

I too have recently seen this. I run uw-imap on my desktop, and keep my archived mail behind imap (rather than in a particular mail client's notion of an archive).

I recently did these things:
- upgraded to cygwin 1.5.5
- upgraded to uw-imap 2002e-1
- upgraded to mozilla 1.5 RC2

I am using inetd, rather than xinet

Some time after doing the above upgrades, I noticed the problem with blank subjects and 1969 dates, in my local imap store. When I view imap stores at my ISP, for example, I don't see this problem.

I tried looking at my local imap store with Opera, and with Pine, same results.

I open the local mail store with a text editor, and they look fine.

So, I went back to using an old, old version if uw-imap, and now when I view my local imap store everything is OK, good subjects and dates, and when I open a message I can see the whole thing, including headers.

I believe the imapd I'm using/used was built long, long ago by Eduardo:

$ telnet localhost 143
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to aaronw2k.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4REV1 LOGIN-REFERRALS STARTTLS AUTH=LOGIN] aaronw2k IMAP4rev1 2001.315 at Sat, 4 Oct 2003 09:16:58 -0600

--
Aaron
aaron@justaaron.com