RE: Cygwin_setup.exe comments...

Sent: 03 October 2003 14:23 From: Igor Pechtchanski
> > > Another place to check is the setup TODO list and WISHLIST in the
README.

<http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/setup/README?rev=2.35&cvsro
> > ot=cygwin-apps>
> >
> > Err, I've just read the README linked above, and as far as I can see a
> > resizable window isn't on either the TODO list or the wishlist.
>
> Umm, yes, you're right.  I was absolutely sure it would be on there.  The
> only thing I can say is that I mentioned the README as *another* place to
> look, the first being the cygwin@ and cygwin-apps@ archives.  I guess
> people put things on the TODO list that might be forgotten otherwise, and
> there is no chance whatsover that the resizing issue is ever going to be
> forgotten until it's fixed. ;-)

Well maybe all those things that won't be forgotten should go on the TODO
list too - that way someone may read it and not raise the issue again, as
opposed to reading afterwards. Of course I don't hold out much hope...   :-D

Would it be an idea to add a bit at the top of the 'problem' page - where it
says to read the FAQ and the archive should it also suggest checking the
user manual and the package readme? I know it's stating the obvious to most
people but I'm not sure if I would have checked the readme. I will in future
of course.