RE: problem of cron in cygwin xp, final solution!

> Maybe such things should be added to Mark Harig's "cron_diagnose.sh"?

> > To make the life easier for the other followers:
> > 1. Need to set the mode of cygwin1.dll
> >
> > $ chmod +x /bin/cygwin1.dll

This is a more general problem than a problem with cron's
many files.  A sanity check for cygwin might be desirable,
but I do not know all of the many files and conditions that
would need to be checked for this.  Often, when all else
fails, the solution is to uninstall cygwin and re-install it.

> > 2. Need to create another directory $ mkdir /etc/cron.d
> > Also make it accessible, by changing the permission.

The absence of this directory is already checked for, as
are the directory permissions.  If it is missing, then
the script notifies the user and halts.

> > 3. Then, follow the standard guideline to start cron service, as
> > $ cygrunsrv --stop cron
> > $ cygrunsrv --remove cron
> > $ cygrunsrv --install cron -p /usr/sbin/cron -a -D
> > $ cygrunsrv --start cron

The user is notified about these commands by cron_diagnose.sh