Re: disabling all forms of autoindentation in cygwin's vim

On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 11:49:07AM +0800, Carlo Florendo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The cygwin version of vim, when installed, works well.  However,
> autoindentation is forced on the user by default.  I've mailed the vim
> mailing list and asked about this.  Vim's creator answered and said that
> autoindentation is disabled by default.
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=vim&m=106439851629020&w=2
>
> Why is autoindentation enabled by default in cygwin's vim?

It isn't.  I don't know what's wrong on your machine but autoindent
is not enabled by default in Cygwin vim.  The Cygwin install is not
different from the (non-GUI) vim installation on any other machine.
I'm sorry but there's apparently something wrong on your machine.

Do you have another version of vim installed as well?  Perhaps a
native Windows version?  Do you have another vimrc file which is
used by that version and which is accidentally opened by Cygwin
vim as well?

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.