Re: ^C not getting to sub, sub, sub, sub processes

Christopher Faylor wrote:
I have a reproducable (at least on my machine) of some ^C handling issues.

#!/bin/python
import sys, os, select

if(int(sys.argv[1]) > 0):
  os.system(sys.argv[0] + " %d" % (int(sys.argv[1])-1))
else:
  select.select([], [], [], 10)

Try running this as "./deep.py 0", and then, when it's waiting, hit ^C, it will terminate fine. Now try it as "./deep.py 1", and then hit ^C. Nothing happens. I see this when I try to cancel my build, but ^C doesn't work when the process tree is too deep.

Interesting.  This is an *ancient* bug.  I think it even predates my
involvment in cygwin.  It was a bug in the system() call.  It should be
fixed in the latest snapshot, available now.

Thanks for the test case.

No problem, thank you for the quick fix (works great now). BTW, I have some machines that are still running 1.3.17, and I could not reproduce this ^C issue on them. I don't really care, but I thought I would mention it.