Re: text setup

On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 08:43:35PM +0200, Krzysztof Duleba wrote:
>Is any text-mode setup developed? Or at least planned? I would increase a
>lot the value of Cygwin.

I don't know if this is exactly what you mean, but I'm working on a
perl-based+exec front end 'cygupdate' program.  It requires an existing
installation with such things as perl and cp involved, though.

I've been using it for all of my updates for a while with no problem but
it is not quite polished enoug for wide distribution yet.  There are
still some problems with replacing running binaries, like for instance,
the cygupdate.exe itself.

cgf